Friday, June 3, 2011

The Boom!

I realize there have been a lot of Seth posts lately, but he must be at that age.  This story I'm about to tell happened on our anniversary and I wasn't there for it, so I'll be telling it as Adam told me.
April 9, 2011 was a stormy day.  I was helping with and attending Ricci's bridal shower that afternoon and Adam had the boys.  For lunch, he took them to El Mariachi.  He got Seth out of his carseat and sent him towards the building.  As he was getting Micah out of the car, a flash of lighting struck very close by.  Adam thinks it hit something on the island.  Almost immediately, the thunder followed and it was LOUD (I heard it at the church).  Poor Seth got scared out of his mind and, with hands over his ears, started frantically running into the parking lot to find Adam.  Adam stopped him by shouting his name and he ran over to Daddy's arms.  By then, the thunder had stopped rumbling, and he told Adam, "The boom!  I don't like the boom!  The boom just scared me."  Poor kid.  He really believed it was the end of the world or something.  He had Adam cracking up.  He then told everyone about his horrible experience with "the boom" for the rest of the day.  In fact, he still will randomly bring it up, especially when we're tucking him into bed.  "The boom scared me when I was with Daddy at the 'achi."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddaya think of that?